Friday, January 18, 2013

My Wonderful Nightmare



Erin Higgins was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 31 years old. During the next two and a half years, she kept journals and worked with holistic health practitioner Alma Lightbody. After her death, Lightbody followed Higgins’ wishes and compiled the journals into the new memoir “My Wonderful Nightmare: Spiritual Journals Inspired by Cancer.”

Readers will discover with Higgins her shocking cancer diagnosis and face with her the questions about her very existence. Readers will also see Higgins’ arguments with herself about her spirituality and her life.

An excerpt from “My Wonderful Nightmare”:
“We’ve never been taught to listen to our body and it’s tragic. I somehow knew the results of the surgery before they told me. If I had been more in tune with my body I would have known earlier. I hadn’t paid attention and didn’t know how.”
“There is a lot to learn about life and death and everything in between,” Lightbody says. “Many people never reach the depth of inner understanding that Erin shares as she faces the beast head-on.”

“My Wonderful Nightmare”
By Erin Higgins & Alma Lightbody
Trafford Publishing
Softcover | 6 x 9in | 196 pages | ISBN 9781425187255
Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More